Join the MBBC!
The Mount Baker Bicycle Club is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit club, run entirely by a dedicated (and growing in number) team of volunteers. The club runs many programs, all intended to support safe and frequent bicycling for our members and guests.
Annual membership fees are due every January. Cost is $20 per individual, $30 for family or associate membership (includes everyone in same household), or you can sign up your whole company via our Corporate Membership program. You may print your membership form and mail it in with a check, or sign up online.
What do my dues and donations support?
The Mount Baker Bicycle Club tries to keep our expenses low, by relying on volunteers who dedicate their time; on local sponsors who contribute cash, products, and time; and on local tourism and recreational grants.
However many of our supported programs have costs associated with them, and your membership dues and donations help keep these programs running. Examples of our programs are:
- domain registration,
- monthly website database fees,
- online calendar,
- members communication boards
- semi-monthly printable document
- website archives
- monthly email announcements
- Ride leader training: having certified leaders allows the club to host more community rides
- Social events:
- annual members' reception and membership drive party
- MBBC classes and education:
- Bike maintenance classes for members
- BBBBBH (Bikes, Buddies, Brews Before Bill's Hills - get your bike ready)
- Spring/summer group rides to teach pacelining and group etiquette
- Bicycle Advocacy locally and statewide
- MBBC members have participated on committees with the City of Bellingham to give input and direction to new bike facilities
- MBBC members are working with USBR (US Bike Route system) to help guide the portion of the network through Whatcom County
- MBBC members join the annual Bike-and-Pedestrian count for the Washington Bikes Coalition (statewide)
- MBBC members staff the Bellingham Whatcom Tourism booth at the Seattle Bike Show, to invite guests to Bellingham to enjoy the great cycling we have to offer
- MBBC members staff a booth at the Vancouver Recreation Expo on alternate years
- MBBC has a booth at Bellingham's annual Recreation Northwest Expo.
- Support for other local groups. We have contributed cash, volunteers, and merchandise to:
- Whatcom Mountain Bike Coalition
- Sterling Bike Works
- Our TreeHouse
- Bellingham Bay Marathon
- Whatcom SmartTrips
- Cycling Without Age project (partner with YMCA and SSC)
- Weekly rides
- Special club member rides
- Bill's Hills
- Fourth of July Ride
- New Year's Day Ride
- Black Friday Ride
- Lighted Neighborhoods December Ride
- Excursions (different every year)
- North Cascades Weekend
- Whistler Gran Fondo
- Hurricane Ridge
- day trips to the San Juans
- North Puget Sound Bike Alliance
- As an MBBC member, you're also a member of the four-bike-club alliance including Skagit Bike Club, Whidbey Island Bike Club, and BIKES of Snohomish County. Our four clubs have combined to offer member discounts for each of our annual century rides, and to host a "come ride our hidden gem" ride to show off each area's best riding to the other club members.
- Chuckanut Classic: our annual fundraising multi-route ride event and post-ride party for Our Treehouse
In addition to supporting the above programs and supporting the Whatcom County bicycling community, your membership comes with a number of benefits directly to you. See full list on the Membership Benefits page.
Join the Club Online