See more events
including Weekly Rides
on the Rides Calendar
Bill's Hills is back for its NINTH YEAR!
SEE ROUTE MAP!!
Early Sunday morning, August 11th, 2019 Bill’s Hills will begin at Marine Park: just west of 6th and Harris in Fairhaven. Meet at 6:30, ride leaves at 6:45am.
Bill McCourt’s route of 10,000+ ft of climbing in just over 100 miles around our beloved Bellingham is truly a classic. The ride is open to Mount Baker Bicycle Club members, and if you’re not yet a member, don’t worry, you can sign up at the beginning of the ride. For the price of a $20 membership, you can ride one of – if not the – most challenging centuries in the Northwest. With fully stocked rest stops and great routes, this is the cheapest organized century you will ever do!
The routes are extremely challenging. There are three “loops” of approximately 30- 40 miles with 3,000 to 4,000 feet of climbing each. Just think Sehome Hill, California Street, King Mountain, Emerald Lake, Squalicum Mountain and – well you get the idea – just about every known hill in the Bellingham area. Ride one loop or ride them all, it is up to you.
Past Bill’s Hills riders have had comments such as:
• Bill’s Hills is a boot camp for your cycling self. But instead of taking weeks to accomplish, it is done in a single day!
• The very idea of this ride is an exercise in self-inflicted humiliation.
• I thought no one would choose to go the whole route but I had underestimated just how much fun this crazy ride (and crazy riders) would be.
To read some reviews from prior years, look at past newsletters in the newsletter archive.
(1) Greg Rehm’s review on p. 7 of the July 2011 Newsletter.
(2) Tim Ryan’s review on p. 1 of the June 2014 Newsletter.
There will be a drawing for Boundary Bay Brewery gift cards and a Chuckanut Classic entry. Those finishing the entire course will receive a beverage certificate for Boundary Bay which will likely be used to rehydrate after the ride.
If you’re interested (think of the bragging rights!) we’ll see you at 6:30am on Sunday August 11th at Marine Park. For more information contact Bill McCourt: email@example.com.